Friday, October 30, 2009

Grace like Rain

Today's Limited supply challenge was to make a card showing what the weather was like today. It rained off and on all morning and thankfully is starting to clear, because we have a fall festival at Church tonight. So for my rain card, I used my little girl in a rain coat and my raindrop texture plate. We were also to do a 2-2-2 challenge and then tell what our 2's were. I use a 2 step process to make my raindrop panel. I embossed and then brayered with blue ink. My second 2 is that there are 2 different fonts that I used on the sentiment. The sentiment is from a Todd Agnew song that combines AMAZING GRACE and his chorus. The last 2 was I have 2 layers on the little girl. I stamped her once on white cardstock and once on yellow cardstock. I spread glue over the surface of the yellow cardstock. When the glue dried, it has a look of a real raincoat.

2 comments:

  1. this is brilliant Marilynn! I love the embossed rain!
    This would suit for our weather here in PA....rain, rain go away! lol
    take care
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always enjoy the cards you make for our tea parties--you are quite a talent! this one is great--the raincoat, buttons, rain, verse...it's all perfect for this card and for the challenge!

    also love the butterfly card from yesterday--great interpretation of the picture!

    see you tuesday! ~k

    ReplyDelete