Monday, February 8, 2010

TWO are better than ONE...


This card was made for 2 challenges. I made this for the technique lovers challenge at Splitcoast. The technique was called frosted windows. You stamp an image twice, once on cardstock and once on vellum. Then you layer the 2. I knew it would be a great technique to use on the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge that Randi gave us.

Mark 10: 7-9 "7. 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8. and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. 9. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." (NASB)

Based on this scripture we were to make a card of TWOS.
I used 2 layers with this technique. I stamped 2 flowers, added 2 butterflies, punched out 2 pieces of cardstock with my word window punch and finished with 2 little pearls. I used the Ecclesasties 4:9-12 for my card.

I was going to give this card to my husband for Valentine's day, but when I was finished it looked to feminine. I really feel like this card should go to my friend at church. She is an elderly widow, who is alone. I want her to know that I am thinking of her.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent work on this challenge! Your card is beautiful! I especially love your butterflies!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo pretty! I love it. Thanks for playing with us at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilynn, you did a fantastic job on this challenge! On top of that, it is beautiful!! I saw that technique on SCS and you make it look so easy! Thank you for playing along with us at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete