Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My new stamps


I am super excited. With my birthday coming up, my mom sent me some money to buy a set of stamps. I have had my eye on the JOYFUL NOISE set at Layers of Color, since it was released. It finally came today. I used the butterfly from the set and embossed it in gold. I made this card for my good friend Andrea, who had a birthday yesterday. I tried to use colors from her living room on the card. I also tried to make it with a romantic style, which is what she likes. I added faux pearls on the pane and at the bottom as the stops for the easel style card. I made hand made roses with rust colored paper. I wasn't sure how I would like the rust colored flowers, but I really like how they turned out. I added faux stitching around the panel for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge to add stitching to our projects. I love this scripture and hope that it will be an encouragement to my friend as well.

3 comments:

  1. MariLynn your friend is going to LOVE this special card! LOVE the easel card and the colors... and what a beautiful butterfly!!! I love it embossed in gold! The verse is perfect! She will treasure this always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello MariLynn - I OVE this - you and those LOC butterflies are a perfectt combination - the Joyful Noise set is HUGELY popular and I am glad you have it!! I love the colours and the roses and of course that fabulous sentiment - MariLynn you have nailed this challenge my friend - I am loving it!! We are glad you joined us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we would love to see you again next week!! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team
    ...I have to add - and I am TOTALLY loving it as LOC Design Team too!! Wahoo!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that not only will you enjoy your new stamp set but you will also use it as a blessing to many other people with cards like this.
    Love your photo at the top of the blog, too :D.

    ReplyDelete