Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mariposa Flying

Layers of Color is the sponsor for Card Patterns Sketch Challenge. What a fun sketch. I used cardstock from DCMV The Mariposa Stack. I love this paper. It looks especially great with my Layers of Color FLUTTERESCENT butterfly. I love all the sparkle and gold in the papers. I embossed the Layers of Color butterfly with gold ep to coordinate. I watercolored the butterfly after it was embossed. I cut it out and gave it dimension by rolling it over my fingers. I stitched a lace panel at the bottom. I used a stampin' up border punch at the top. Instead of a ribbon at the top, I used a piece of decorative trim. I used the sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers HAPPY PANSIES set. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh yummy - love how your manage to make your butterflies so life-like :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty! Love your happy, fresh as Spring card, Marilynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the butterflies!! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I really love the orange and green color combo you used. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete