Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sing to the Lord

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.


This is the wonderful scripture that my Stampin' Sister in Christ, Grace choose for this week.

When my kids were little they went through the "WHY" stage. Where every couple of minutes they would ask WHY? At first it was cute then it got a little annoying having to explain WHY all the time. I wonder if that is how God feels when we ask why.


It seems to me I ask WHY? more when bad things happen then when good things happen. When I see bad circumstances, I think "Why did God allow that to happen?" Are you like me? I think the verse Grace picks explains the reasons I can't understand. His thoughts and his ways are so different from mine.


I love this song by Laura Story called Blessings. This scripture goes along so well with this song. I hope you will go listen to it.

Blessings



The challenge for Stampin' Sisters in Christ was to make a card that shows contrast of black and white. Our Sponsor this week is Layers of Color. I just love Layers of Color images. I used a Layers of Color set to make my card. This music set called Joyful Noise, from the moment I saw it, made me happy. I have a very musical family and this is one of my all time favorite sets.
This card is very CAS for me, but I felt that the musical flourish needed nothing more. I printed the scripture on my computer.




Check out what my Stampin' Sisters in Christ have created.



9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card! I love musical notes and this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilynn! As always I love reading your take on the scripture. Your card is so pretty with the Musical notes in the background to match that beautiful verse. Have a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MariLynn! Oh I remember that why time too! I love the song you linked! Recently our DD's town was hit by a tornado and many lost their homes and some even lost their lives.... but the Sunday after the storm, the 2 girls who were scheduled to sing and had long before decided on the song they would sing. This was it. Christy said there wasn't a dry eye in the building... I believe it was a "God thing" that day.... thanks for sharing the link!!! Your card is beautiful! I love this LOC set too! Have a wonderful week my friend,
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful MariLynn - love the song too, it's one of my current favourites!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree MariLynn, the musical flourish doesn't need any other embellishment, it is beautiful. And I remember that stage with the kids, why, why, why . . . and what a great parallel, that's exactly what I do too!! Why, why, why. Great thoughts and great creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello MariLynn - I am here late but here!! LOL! Your card is simply stunning! I love the gorgeous LOC Joyful Noise Flourish - it is perfect for this challenge - thank you for sharing your heart on your posts - you are such a blessing my friend! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh MariLynn... I am living again in the days of "why" with my 3 year old and can so relate...however I see it too in myself when circumstances come about and I seem to question His plan in it all. I thought of this verse numerous times this week and blessed by seeing I am not the only one. Your card is so pretty and striking with the black/white color scheme. Still a favorite set of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply lovely card, MariLynn!

    You're right, asking WHY doesn't stop when we grow up. but, we need not know WHY, only that we can trust God. I praise Him for His promises!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MariLynn, I totally agree...this image is beautiful just as you have used it... This is my kind of card...CAS yet lovely! Hugs! Diana Q

    ReplyDelete