Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge MUSIC

This is the scripture that Teresa picked for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ devotion:

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

When reading this scripture. What was interesting to me was that we are encouraged to sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. I doesn't matter what type of song we sing as much as how we sing them. We need to sing them "with grace in your hearts to the Lord,"

The world is watching us and listening to us. Will they hear songs sung together with harmony or will they hear us each singing a different song at the same time. A game that my kids and I have played before is where we each pick a different song and we all try to outsing eachother. While it is fun for us to do, anyone listening would quickly cover their ears. But there are other times, like when we did the special music at church for Father's day. We sang "Daddy's Hands" and we sang it with close harmonies. (We didn't sound the same, my one daughter is an alto, the other a high soprano, and one boy sings tenor, the other sings alto for now and I sing soprano.) What made it sound good is we were working together.

Have you ever been part of a big group of people singing the same song? Maybe at a concert? There is something powerful about singing together. I get chills when I go to the football games in the fall and all the crowd sings the National anthem. I can only imagine what it is going to be like when we get to heaven and we are singing praises to God with all the saved. I am thankful that I get a taste of what that will be like when I sing praises to God at church during worship.

Teresa's challege was to make a card with a music theme. Make sure you check out Teresa's devotional at
Stampin' Sisters in Christ

Our wonderful sponsor is Simon Says Stamp.

I made mine a joy fold card. A group of ladies at my church are forming a weight loss support group. I wanted to make some cards that we can use to encourage eachother. I used my new favorite flower from Mark's Finest Papers set called Black eyed susans for encouragement. The sentiment is from that set as well.






Check out what my


Stampin' Sisters in Christ have created:



6 comments:

  1. Oh MariLynn this is fabulous!! Love your colours, your layout, the lace and the sentiment.
    Thank you too for sharing your thoughts.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv this girl, the fun fold is awesome and the sheet music is my favorite....I hope your heart is filled with a song of praise today!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marilynn! This is even sweeter now that I see it's a JOY fold card and that your front flower swings on a brad--how COOL is that?!! LOVE IT!! Best wishes on the support group too. Losing weight is so hard! My hubby was recently diagnosed with Diabetes so I've been trying to change things, but it is hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...gotta also say, that I'm seeing grey background instead of black and for my eyes, this is so much easier to read! *Ü* I likey!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marilynn, I love your new blog look...so much easier to read and see details now!! And your pictures you've taken are beautiful!! Wonderful card this week, I smile at the inside sentiment. Hope your weight loss group is going well, it is hard and I haven't even started. :) Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete