Sunday, February 19, 2012

2 Corinthians 2:14-16 (The Message) In the Messiah, in Christ, God leads us from place to place in one perpetual victory parade. Through us, he brings knowledge of Christ. Everywhere we go, people breathe in the exquisite fragrance. Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God, which is recognized by those on the way of salvation—an aroma redolent with life. But those on the way to destruction treat us more like the stench from a rotting corpse.


The previous is the scripture that my Stampin' Sister in Christ Peggysue choose for this week. I used The Message version because it made it the most clear to me.


I kinda smiled to myself when I saw that the scripture that Peggysue choose was about fragrances. I consider myself to be an expert when it comes to smells. I am one of the unlucky people who has a super sensitive sense of smell. If smelling were a super power, I would have that super power! My family and close friends know not to wear perfumes or fragrances around me. Most perfumes or fragrances are chemically recreated, and something about smelling them gets me very sick and the smells trigger migranes for me. I inherited this sensitivity from my Dad and my dad's mom. One of the worst places for fragrances is when I go to church. I almost always end up with a headache on Sunday afternoons.


What some people may not realize is how long their "SMELL" lingers on things that they touch or have in their possession. I work with truck drivers. A lot of them smoke in their trucks and give me the paperwork to invoice. I sometimes have to set their paperwork aside and put it in front of a fan to try and diminish the smell of the smoke, just so I can work with it.


What kind of smell are you giving off spiritually? I thought it was interesting in the scripture for today, that the smell we give off is the same, but it is recieved differently. When we share Christ, those who are saved or being saved, say "Wow, That smells really good!" and at the same time to those who are lost, they say "Whoa, what died?"


Peggysue's challenge is to make a card/project with flowers on it. I used dogwood flowers. This set, DOGWOOD BLOSSOMS, was released this last week by Mark's Finest Papers. I have been having a lot of fun playing with this set. I needed to make a sympathy card for a friend who's mother died this last week.



This week's sponsor is VERSES.

Check out what my Stampin' Sisters in Christ have created for your inspiration:



Kristine
Linda
Miesje
Peggysue
Traci



When I think of fragrant flowers, the rose comes to my mind. I remember smelling the roses that were growing in my mom's garden.

10 comments:

  1. Hello MariLynn - this is beautiful, I appreciate what you have shared and love your card - your colours are beautiful and the scripture perfect! This certainly is a sweet smell to those who visit!! Thank you for sharing my friend! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilynn - your message is a wonderful explanation of this week's text (you have a gift for explaining the Word in such a simple and practical way)... your card is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful message Marilynn, and wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MariLynn! Loved reading your thoughts on this week's passage! So clearly stated and so right on! I love your card as well.... the flowers are so pretty! This will be a sweet fragrance to the one who receives it I'm sure! Have a wonderful week!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. MariLynn this is a beautiful card - love the colours and the texture. The sentiment id beautiful too.
    Thanks you for sharing - I love the way you share around the SSIC challenges.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning MariLynn! I really love the layout and how you stamped on printed paper. Awesome! Have a wonderful week dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card once again Marilynn!! You sure have a fantastic skill with those varying techniques (spray, shine etc.) Really gives life to your flowers. THanks for sharing your thoughts too... I am very sensitive to smells too, but mostly just during Spring and summer --allergy season. And Easter is the worst with the lilies. Good food for thought... may we all give off the scent of Christ to those we good week? Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am right there with you, smells bother me tremendously and I cannot stand being near a person drenched in too much perfume, a light scent is okay, too much and I am off in migraine land too. That flower is lovely, such pretty coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi MariLynn, thanks for visiting my blog and for your prayers. Your card is beautiful, I love the color combination, the verse, and everything about it. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely, MariLynn...your petals are beautifully colored and always love your cards and your thoughts!! I can't be around most perfumes either. Yikes! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete