Saturday, November 3, 2012

tri shutter card

The first time I made a tri-shutter card, I wasn't happy with how it turned out, so it was one of those techniques that I put on the back shelf as something I had done but probably wouldn't ever do again. Well, never say never. My friend Pam encouraged me to try another one after a conversation we had about the one she made for Tutorial Time on Speedy TV-22 
So I gave it a second chance.I just had fun with this card. I used some of my hoarded Indian summer dp. I also did this card for the Friday Free for all at SCS.  
That my friend Dawn challenged us to use distressing on our cards. I think it was the distressing that helped me like my tri-shutter card this time. It is hard for me to measure all the little panels of dp. With the distressed edges, it didn't matter if the pieces were a little "off" on size. The scripture on the front panel is a digi from
All of the new scripture sets are amazing. I can see myself using them a lot. 
I used the butterfly and crackle from Mark's Finest Papers set called CRACKED HELLO.
 The sentiment on the middle panel is from another Mark's Finest Papers set called DAFFODIL GREETINGS.
 



10 comments:

  1. Some of my most favorite dp! Definitely one of the prettiest card I've seen like this. SO much detail and I love the distressing!!! Thanks so much for playing with us over at TTSTV!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MariLynn this is beautiful - love your colours and the distressing certainly takes the 'pain' out of lining up those small cuts !!
    Beautiful card, and I love the front scripture stamp!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree that your dp and the distress is the key on your card...well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!! I love all your details & distressing! Thanks for playing with us at Tutorial Time this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW...you are knocking my socks off with all the gorgeous cards that showcase our new scripture sets. This is beautiful, MariLynn...and I know the work involved in the tri-shutter card. An act of love for the recipient for sure. This is totally beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing the beauty of your cards...and your heart with us! Have a blessing-filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you decided to give this card another try! It is gorgeous. So much detail and beautiful colors!!!
    Thanks for playing this week at TTSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilynn,
    Very, very pretty card - you did a wonderful job with the technique. I love the distressing - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you gave this technique another try, Marilyn. I love your card. The roses on the front are so pretty. Thanks for playing along with TTSTV this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am here to comment again. Wow. It is so detailed and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete