Friday, August 30, 2013

angel mixed media card



This week has been a bad one for migraine headaches. I had several ideas but didn't feel like making cards because of the headaches. So today's card is a combination of some of the ideas. 
The Splitcoast Stampers Ways to use it challenge this week. WT442 was to use angels on our card. I have had this little angel sitting in a box for so long. She had only seen ink a time or two.
The Splitcoast Stampers Mixability challenge MIX31 was to drip drip drip on the page. Can't see my drips? Well, look closely. I thought green watercolor drips would look like the stems for my quilled roses.
The background behind the angel took a long time to do. It started as a page from an encyclopedia. I direct ink to paper swiped blue ink on the top and green ink on the bottom. Then I painted cream colored acrylic paint brush strokes. When the acrylic paint was dry I used Mark's Finest Papers set CRACKED HELLO with blue ink for the top and green ink for the bottom. Then I stamped music notes and a treble clef from Mark's Finest Papers set called JUST A NOTE. I added lac, burlap and rickrack. My little angel was water colored with markers and then I added detail with prisma colored pencils. I also added glamour dust to the wings and itty bitty quilled roses to her hair and dress.
 
See the glamour dust...pretty s-p-a-r-k-l-y.

I made this into an easel card. I added a button with twine as the stopper.
I added Sweet n Sassy scripture. I am going to post this in Word Art Wednesday challenge # 95
It doesn't seem that they should be on #95 already. Didn't it just start a little while ago?

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. This is just delightful, and the verse, love it! I hope your headaches are better and used to have them sooooo much. I'm a Mississippi gal, as of the last several years. Thanks for sharing in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn,
    I'm saddened to hear you have been plagued with headache's and will pray that you recover and stay well. There is so much depth in the background on your card and it is sooooo beautiful. Your quilled roses are always a treat and the Angel is lovely.
    We/me love seeing your artwork, “Thank you so very much for posting it with us”.
    Blessings
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it MariLynn - this is gorgeous with all the texture and colour. Love that you have made an easel card with the scripture too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. MariLynn, this is lovely! It looks like it comes straight out of a children's storybook!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly love this Marilynn. The background is gorgeous. The angel is so sweet. Love your use of burlap & lace. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete