Thursday, January 23, 2014

Violets

I used the post card image from Diane's Daydream Designs set called SENDING YOU LOVE.. I had to use cool colors because the Ways to Use it challenge WT 463  for Splitcoast Stampers was to use warm colors if the temperature was above freezing and cool colors if below. Since it was -4 I had no choice.... COLD COLORS. I made the violets by dying typing paper. A year ago I bought store made stamens for flowers. I have only used them a couple of times because they are white. Today I painted them yellow so that they would be great for the centers of the violets. I did ink spray smash technique onto a page from an encyclopedia. I embossed and tea dyed the top heart.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
WT463
CCEE1404
Word Art Wednesday #116
Miriram's Crafting Blog 8th Monthly Challenge- Flowers


9 comments:

  1. Marilynn, Congratulations on wining the MFP stamp set. This is one of my favorite stops of all times. Tie dye typewriter paper.... how? Thank you for posting this outstanding project with us. Remember you can enter 5 pieces of art each week which gives you five chances to win one of our very sweet prizes.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson,
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful MariLynn - love those violets :-), and the different coloured hearts are gorgeous.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my friend, are on a roll. I think it is time to get out the buttah! LOVE the encyclopedia heart and your violets...are AWESOME. Another MariLynn original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a gorgeous card. Love the pansy's and the hearts on the postcard. Thank you for joining us at Miriam's Crafting Blog for the 8th monthly challenge. We're looking forward to seeing more from you and hope you'll join us in the next challenge too!
    ~Deb, MCS DT Member~
    Miriam’s Crafting Supplies
    A Look Through My Eyes
    Gone Artsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marilyn! I saw this at WordArtWednesday...beautiful!! Love those "real-looking" flowers, the texture, the colors...looks so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card and flowers are gorgeous. Gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful, Marilynn. I thank you for sharing your talents in our challenge, and just wanted you to know how very grateful I am to have you stop by and participate. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful postcard. The decoration and those cute flowers are so beautiful and love the distressed look. So glad you shared your wonderful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. We started a new Challenge so, hope you come join us again. Leaving you with God's Word in Galatians 5:1, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

    God bless always,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully decorated post card. LOVE those colors. But the flowers....those flowers are amazing. Gorgeous creation, MariLynn. I'm so grateful for you and your friendship and the talent you share on the Dream Team. You are a dream!

    ReplyDelete