Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Encourage and Inspire

Today when I saw what the splitcoast stampers color challenge colors were, I got really excited. They just happened to be in my "favorites" color pallete.
I decided to use Mojo350 sketch.

I decided to call this card encourage and inspire.
There are some special friends who encourage me almost everyday. My mom loves all my cards, but she kinda has to, being my mom. But I appreciate her encouragement Thank you mom. I also have a dear friend Pam who daily encourages me. We message on facebook and when I can't figure out what I am going to create she always encourages and inspires me.Thank you Pam. I have one more friend who faithfully leaves me comments on my cards and is such an encourager, so another big thank you to my friend Maxine.
  
There are lots of wonderful crafters who inspire me everyday. This card was inspired by my friend Jerri shared this tutorial on making dahlias
I used her tutorial to make the flowers on my card. So thank you Jerri for your inspiration.


The vertical panels of my sketch were inspired by my friend Lydia. She had a post recently about glitter. It challenged me to use some blue glitter that I had in my stash. I find it hard to add glitter and not have it look kitschy. I wanted it to look glamorous. I took white tissue paper and added blue and green ink and sprayed it with water. When it had dried, I scrunched it up into a ball and then spread it out. I took a piece of white cardstock and covered it with glue and put the tissue paper over the glue, purposely making sure it wrinkled. I added glue to the top of that and added the glue. Lydia also had one her blog several months ago a tutorial using inka gold. After watching that I knew I wanted some and my friend Pam bought me some. I rubbed silver inka gold over the wrinkles of the tissue paper. So thank you Lydia for your inspiration.

Here is a close up of the glittery silvery tissue paper.
 Another close up.


 The background for this card was done using blues and green markers and a swirly embossing folder.




5 comments:

  1. Marilyn, your card design is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so proud of you. The tissue technique is so incredibly beautiful! I've got to check into that inka gold glitter. And, girl, those flowers are totally amazing! I'm so thrilled you've been playing with the tutorials and thank you so much for mentioning me in your post. Hugs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a spectacular card with some really neat techniques!! I like how you honored your friends with this.

    I also really love your photos above. Matt.6:25-34 is one of my most favorite passages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration to me!! You are a genius - a real artist!!! I love that you pulled your ideas from so many different places and of course you always execute perfectly. The color challenge this week is calling my name too :) Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card MariLynn - love the sparkle that really makes this card so special. Thanks for all the links to the tutorials.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the detail on your cards MariLynn -this one is exceptional-

    ReplyDelete