Thursday, June 26, 2014

NACHO regular crayon card

Sometime when I make a card I have a name for it right away sometime I struggle with a name. Today I decided to call my card NACHO regular crayon card. The Ways to Use it challenge was to incorporate crayons somewhere on our project. WT485 

I remember when I was little, I loved opening a brand new box of crayons. The smell, the joy of new unused crayons. But what I also remember is how when I colored with them, crayons left "crumbs". This next photo,you can see the "crumbs" on the flower pot. 
I was wondering how to get rid of the crumbs and get a nice finish. I just happened to look up from my coloring and see my jar of prisma colored pencils. That made me think of the baby oil technique. It works with the prisma pencil to blend because they are wax, so I wondered if it would work with crayons. Well, I'm here to tell you that it works with crayons. I dipped a q-tip in baby oil and blended the flower pot. No more crumbles. I used crayons on the flowerpot and the flowers.


I did a watercolor wash background. I used my itty bitty background stamp to add dots of green and blue and white acrylic paint. I took a black ink pen and a stencil. I was planning on cutting around the oval but as it sat on my desk I decided to cut with a border. I doodled in between the edge and where I traced the oval.

I wanted to use a funky embellishment. I looked over at one of my embellishment containers and saw safety pins. I thought I would do a throw back. I loved the friendship pins of the 80's. I took some glass beads and made 2 pins. Do you remember friendship pins?

Since I was thinking crayons... school, I picked this dp that looks like lined school paper. I also picked dp that had numbers on it because that looked "school" to me.



I used Daydream Designs Poppies in a pot image.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card MariLynn - and thanks for the tip of using baby oil with the crayons!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made me want to go and color! TFS! kren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh...cool technique. You are the queen of special techniques, my friend. Love this one!!!

    ReplyDelete