Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Poppies

 The colors for today's splitcoast color challenge CC484. made me think of poppies. The poppies in the pot  are a digi from Diane's Daydream designs. POPPIES IN A POT




I used prisma colored pencils to color the poppies. I added some glue to the centers and put black marker over the glue.  I added copper inka gold on the card. I splattered with white acrylic paint. I also dipped the end of a paint brush in the paint and added random dots to the card.


My second card I still was thinking poppies. I decided to try painting some poppies. I used white cardstock. I took crayola markers and scribbled on a lid to make my pallette for painting. I started with the blues and turquoise for the background. I dropped a water wash behind my sketched poppies. I kept adding blues and turquoise. I sprayed it with water so that the colors blended. I let it dry really well before adding poppies. I started with the yellows. I then dropped in oranges and then added the reds. I let it dry and the added the greens. On my first card where I splattered the paint with a paint brush, the drops of paint were a little too small, so I was trying to think of another way to splatter the paint. Then I took my my itty bitty background SU stamp. I dipped it in white paint and stamped the paint to the paper. It gave the look of splatter but with a lot more control. I loved how it worked so I know I'm going to be using that set a lot in the future on my mixed media projects.

I added the sentiment from Diane's Digital Designs set called GARDEN INSPIRATION.


Close up of my painted poppies.




4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous MariLynn - you really are talented, and an inspiration to me.
    Blessings
    Maxine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!!! I just became a follower of your blog! I was a MArks DT'r too!
    Hugs, Ginny
    PD I am totally "Mcgyverish" too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would love to have the itty bitty bg stamp! I never get my splatters to look the way I want them to. Both cards are fabulous! Great colors on both! Love the glue centers on the first card. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just browsing your blog this morning. I get a little confused between commenting on yahoo and on blogs, but I wanted to make sure I let you know how beautiful this card is and how much I appreciate all you do to showcase Daydream Designs. You amaze me with your artistic talents. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete