Friday, May 8, 2015

Textured Cards

Today I have two cards to share. The mixability challenge on splitcoaststampers,com MIX119 is to make a card with texture. On my first card I have lots of texture. I embossed a paper bag. I added homemade texture paste to the green panel using a stencil. I used my version of burned Aleene's tacky glue for the centers of my flowers, and I added depth by gluing the leaves of the flowers over a bamboo skewer that I removed before the glue dried completely. There is also the texture of the lace.


My second card started out just playing around. I took some white cardstock and I smashed it using browns and blues. I would let it dry and then layer more color on top. This is what it looked like after about 20 times of layering.


How it looked with several more layers of color.


I took the cardstock and ran it through my cuttlebug using the script embossing folder.


I stamped a Martha Stewart butterfly on the back of the embossed cardstock, twice and cut out the butterflies. Here is what I had on my desk. The  panel under the butterfly was also white cardstock that I layered the blues and browns. I also used a gear stencil and a blue marker to add gears to the panel when it was wet. I also stamped the  classified newsprint stamp over the top. I also added copper inka gold copper metallic rub using the gear stencil and my brayer.


A plan is starting to come together. You can see I added more inka gold copper to the butterfly.



 I sprayed the base of the card with gold shimmer spray. This photo gives the best look at the sparkle of the gold.
\
My finished card. So for texture, there is the burlap, lace, twine, metal key, embossed butterfly, quilled rosed, quilled coils, die cut gears. 

I really liked the colors of this card. After I finished the card and went outside, I saw the same color combo. It had just rained and there were puddles of water reflecting the sky. The mud in the puddles and the blue and the sunshine looked very much like these colors. This card is also for the Ways to Use it challenge WT530 Splitcoaststampers to add a butterfly. It is also for the MOJO396 sketch.

1 comment:

  1. MariLynn this is fabulous - love all the texture you have achieved, ans for your explaination of how you 'got there'. Stunning work!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete