Friday, October 2, 2015

HOPE





Started and Ended my week off with COFFEE. One last card for the Fall Coffee Lover's Blog Hop
it is also for this week's mixed media challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com. Mix-ability Challenge 140 

I started by stamping leaves with versamark ink and embossing them with gold embossing powder.

Then I did ink spray smash technique to add some color. I used mostly cool colors for this part.

Then I water colored the leaves using warm colors. mostly yellows and reds

 
After that I sprayed the whole card with gold shimmer spray. I stamped with black stazon ink in the corners. I stamped Unity stamps (distressed criss/cross) and (classified newsprint). I used MFP set called Java Time for the cup as well as the coffee rings. I stamped the rings with versamark and stamped it on the background. The cup I stamped with black stazon ink and water colored it. I cut it out and put it with rhinestones for steam. I added the ribbon at the top with scrabble letters I made from a pizza box. I rubbed gold metallic lustre on the letters. I made my card an easel card. I added ribbon roses and lace to the inside. I used the gold shimmer spray on the white ribbon roses to make it match the card. 


Now the word HOPE is used a lot in October in relationship to breast cancer. I "hope" that some day - ALL cancer is a thing of the past. Having said that, my card has HOPE on it for a different reason. Owning and running a business in a small town is really hard these days. A year ago a small coffee shop-art gallery-art supply shop opened in our town. Yesterday they celebrated being in business for 1 year.  Now for those who live in big cities with lots of choices for getting your coffee, I'm happy for you. This is the ONLY coffee shop in our town. If you want anyone else to make your coffee it will be McDonalds. So I HOPE -"THE LOST CANVAS"-coffee shop-gallery and art supply shop will be in business for a long time to come. I plan to go this afternoon and give the owner this card.

24 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful, giving person and the card is beautiful !! I really wish I could be there with to to share a cup and get to know each other ... Thank you also for your message of HOPE for all cancers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great textures, superb in fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! Gorgeous! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art piece, Marilyn, thanks for sharing your time and talent with everyone this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card MariLynn - and I 'HOPE" The Lost Canvas appreciate it as well, which I am sure they will. Love how you have explained how you made it - thanks.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blue background with the gold and copper leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome is this card! And what's even more awesome is the reason you made it - I'm sure the owner of the coffee shop will love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the gold embossing

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super gorgeous - adore the colors and touch of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yet another GORGEOUS card! Thanks for all your lovelies this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card...it sounds like your coffee shop is quite fabulous and I hope it says around for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow is right... hey that's my mom up there... she was just raving about your creations.. I will have to stop back here and check out some more...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card! Love all of the great bling you added!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Raising my coffee cup in honor of those small businesses in small towns across the world! Beautiful card!! Amazing design, and I adore all that gold. Think I'll stop at one of our local coffee shops on the way to church.... Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow - love how you made your background - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous and love that background! Thanks for sharing this inspiration! ~Annie

    ReplyDelete