Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Early St Patricks card

 The color challenge at Splitcoaststampers CC573 and this weeks Mojo Monday 438 were what I needed to get this St Patrick's Day card done early enough to mail. That is pretty big for me. I make the cards but I usually am running late getting them mailed, if they get mailed at all. I am part of a card swap group where we make eachother cards with a coffee theme.
I choose "pear pizzazz, whisper white, bermuda bay and soft sky" for my colors.
I paper pieced the little coffee cups with scraps that came close to those colors. I decided to add gold for my "dessert" option. I sprayed a piece of cardstock with gold spray. I punched out circles, then ran the circles through my cuttlebug using my script embossing folder. I then rubbed the tops of the coins with gold metallic rub. I glued them down, trying to make them look random. After they were glued I added gold glitter glue to the tops to give them that extra sparkle. I used my computer to print the sentiment. "Gold can't buy happiness but it can buy coffee and that is pretty much the same thing."






1 comment: