Thursday, April 7, 2016

Daisies and Dragonflies




I have been making a lot of cards lately with butterflies and poppies, so I decided to switch things up a little. I decided to do Daisies and Dragonflies. It is my turn to be the hostess for the Mixed media challenge on Splitcoaststampers. MIX-Ability 167. My challenge is to do paper piecing (twist- use paper with words on it. ) I paper pieced my dragonflies. I used 3 different little dragonflies ranging from cutesy to more realistic.


I used part of an encyclopedia page on one of the dragonflies wings. Do you see the word "MIXED"? It was from an article on charcoal as a medium. I thought that was especially fun to use on my project. You can also see "Grapho..." which was part of the same article. After I glued the pieces down, I added drops of glue and sprinkled dazzling diamonds glitter on them.



I stamped the daisies using  black stazon ink. I masked them to layer the daisies. I did burned glue technique for the centers of the flowers. Instead of coloring them with a sharpie marker, I decided to color them by painting with yellow acrylic paint. The petals of the daisies, I quickly painted with white acrylic paint. I used the stamped daisies as a guideline. Some of the petals matched, some didn't I didn't care if the lines showed or not. I was going for a more abstract look.




Thanks for taking a look.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous card MariLynn - love the way you painted the daisies, and your dragonflies are stunning.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete