Wednesday, April 6, 2016

SC587 coffee cup

It has been a long time since I saw a sketch and immediately fell in love with it. I usually have to work around and I learn to love it, but today I loved the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge right away. SC587
I challenged myself to use scraps on my desk. I trimmed down some scraps, but didn't cut into a new piece for any of the panels on my card. 

 I used inka gold to go around all the panels and the black mats. I made my card into an easel card. I wanted to make the bottom of the easel look like a table that the coffee cup was sitting on. I thought the lace looked kinda like a table cloth. I used hot glut to adhere a string of pearls on top of the lace. The pearls act as the stopper for the easel.
 I made a bow with gold thread that I put in the corner. The steam for the coffee cup, I stamped and went over it with wink of stella gold. The gold panel has ink gold metallic rub on all ove the little dots. I did burned glue on the centers of the poppies. I also added little sequins to each panel.

For the coffee cup, I glued a piece of cardstock to a brown paper bag from McDonalds. I cut the cup out. I used versamark ink bad directly to the surface. I poured UTEE on top. Before I heated it, I sprinkled some gold embossing powder on top. When I heated it with my heat gun, It gave it a mottled look. I then cracked the UTEE for cracked glass technique. I used a brown marker to bring out the cracks. 

 This last photo shows how the cracked glass looks, you can also see how sparkly the wink of stella gold looks on the steam.
I had a lot of fun making this card. I hope you enjoyed reading how I made it. Have a blessed day today. I am entering this card in the Word Art Wednesday challenge.

1 comment:

  1. MariLynn this is gorgeous - thanks for the close-up photos and description as to how you made it. The lace and pearls are a beautiful and classy touch.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete