Wednesday, September 28, 2016

MFPSeptember Blog Hop Day 2

Welcome to the MFP
September Blog Hop
Trick or Treat
There are some changes to our Blog Hop and
we hope you will be pleased with them.
Be sure to look over the changes before hoping along.
The Blog Hop Guidelines can be found HERE.

Time to comment and do the tutorials ends sooner.
There will be prizes given for commenting and for doing the tutorials. Each winner will be chosen by Random.Org. 

Prize for commenting will be the "Witchie" Large stamp set.




 Prize for doing the tutorials will be the "Vroom" mini stamp set.
  And EVERYONE doing the tutorials will earn a tutorial badge.

Tutorials
 Pop-Up Card by MariLynn 


Make sure you read the guidelines and rules before starting the hop.
NOW...
Let's get started HOPPING !!
Here's the Design Team

Enjoy the Hop. Come back each day to be 
inspired! Get to work on the tutorials and show 
us what you make by Sept. 30, 3pm CT

For my second TRICK card I did a pop up card. Make sure you check out my tutorial for making a pop up card and try it out yourself.

Here is the outside of the card:
Here is the inside view:

I made this card for the owners of the music store in our town. It had been in business for 93 years and is closing this month because the owners have health issues. Jack and Lynn Meister have made such an impact in our community. They will be sorely missed. I made this card for all the band students to sign to thank Jack for all he did for the kids. Other than for  craft supplies, my family's mad $ has gone to this store. Just this last year Jack restored my husband's cello. His hands have fixed and maintained many of my families instruments. He rescued a french horn that had been bent when my daughter fainted on it in high school. From ukeleles to drums and tumpets and bugles they all found their way from this store to our home. I pray that their retirement is a blessing to them and that they know they are loved and missed. 


12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card MariLynn and such a fun one too. I love your tribute to the store owners :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and lovely card. Might have to try some variations on this now I have the basic idea. Made one last night. Haven't had time to post yet. Stay tuned. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun pop up card, Marilynn. The layout is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, that's a bitter/sweet story! It's always sad to see the 'mom and pop' stores close and loose that friendship. Love the card you made for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute card. I am sure the store owners appreciated it. Very sad to see those stores go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww very sweet of you. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card and am so glad you included a tutorial. I will give it a try! I love that you shared that story. You are such a thoughtful person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card,. Love the fold and the piano theme. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool card! Thanks for doing the tutorial as well.

    ReplyDelete