Thursday, September 29, 2016

MIXABILITY LEAVES blocked for fall





This week's mixability challenge at SCS is to block of a 2 inch wide strip of the card. It could be diagonal, horizontal, or vertical, Then you are to fill the unmasked area with mixed media.  I chose diagonal. On the outside areas I started with crayons. I used fall colors. Then I took ARTplorations TRIBAL TRIANGLES stencil and I used a black fine tipped sharpie to trace the triangles. I then scribbled with brown distress crayons. I added some water and rubbed them in. Then I added some gold metallic rub. I decided I wanted just a little more texture so I burned some Aleene's tacky glue and when cooled I added more gold metallic rub. I guess technically we weren't supposed to do any mixed media in the middle. But I don't like empty white areas. One reason I struggle with CAS design. I decided to stamp STAMPlorations TRENDY LEAVES 2  If anyone wants to have the mixed media look but are a little intimidated, these leaves are perfect stamps to play with. They already have a Mixed Media "LOOK" to them with the flowers and words layered over the leaves. All I did was stamp them and water colore them. But ink and watercoloring... mixed media... See, easy peasy.

1 comment:

  1. Love the result of all this play MariLynn - a fabulous textural card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete