Sunday, October 2, 2016

STAMPabilities October Mixed Media Challenge- pumpkin magnet



 


It is the start of a new month. Time for ARTplorations  mixed media challenge. You are welcome to share your mixed media projects with us.  The theme is always anything mixed media goes except a card and you  must use at least one stencil (any brand) on your project. Linky closes at the end of the month.

Prizes: $15 gift certificate OR choice of any 2 ARTplorations stencils to the winner
choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil to the top picks

For my project I used:
ARTplorations stencil: BUBBLE DANCE
and the 



I made a refrigerator magnet using a coaster that was given me from a Chili's resturant. I covered the coaster with ink spray smashed paper. I used the stencil to draw the bubbles. I shaded the left side of the bubbles. I added pearls of different colors. I glue some little alphabet tiles and some burlap to the top of that. I watercolored the pumpkin and leaves. I paper piece the cups with kraft paper. I curved the pumpkin over my finger to add some dimension. I glued a magnet to the back of the coaster. 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely magnet MariLynn - love the way you hav used the image and added so much texture to the whole magnet
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete