Sunday, April 2, 2017

April STAMPlorations mixed media challenge floral bubbles dance tag

I can hardly believe that we are already doing the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge for April
This year is just flying by. 
 
Come share your mixed media project with us. 
 The theme is always anything mixed media goes
 EXCEPT  A CARD and you must use at least one stencil (any brand) in your project.
 Linky closes at the end of the month.
Prizes:
- $10 gift certificate to the winner voted by the Mixed Media team
- $5 gift certificate each to the 2 top picks
- If there are 25 or more entries: 1 random winner of any 2 standard size stencils

Making this tag was very fun and relaxing for me. I just started with what was on my desk and let it develop with a mind of its own. I had some cardboard that came from a drink carrier from Sonic. I cut it into a tag shape. I took a page from the
 STAMPlorations Coloring Book:
colorbloomscover 
I watercolored it with pink orange yellow and maroon.
I stamped it with 
stmp1004-a.jpeg 

I then took ARTplorations Bubble Dance Stencil
preview-web-stencil-073-BubbleDance 
and I used a black sharpie marker to trace the bubbles of the stencil onto the tag. I added white acrylic paint to the bubbles. I also took a blue colored pencil and colored in the bubbles. I added gold thread, cheesecloth and floral lace. Then I added two flowers that I made using

preview-SheryRuss_BigBloomFactory 
I finished it off with adding gold acrylic paint to the centers of the flowers and I shredded a satin ribbon to use the fibers on the top of the tag.
 





1 comment:

  1. Oh MariLynn this is gorgeous - love your colours and the fabulous textures you have incorporated.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete