Sunday, April 2, 2017

Mustard Seed Faith Challenge #2


I can't believe that it is already April. It is time for our second

The challenge this time was to make an Easter card. 
I used a digital image that my Sister in Christ, Diane made. I used it several years ago to make a stained glass card so I wanted to do something different with it this year. I printed it 12 times. I colored and layered it to give it dimension. 
The wood of the cross has texture. I water colored the cross then added a layer of tacky glue that I then put streaks in the glue with a plastic fork, and then I heated it with a heat gun. I used cheesecloth, because it made me think of the grave clothes that were left behind. I made my card an easel card and put the scripture in the inside.. I was going to add some texture to the insides of the flowers, but  I decided at the last min to leave them like they are because I wanted the cross to have  the attention. 


This close up photo shows the texture on the cross.

We would love to have you link up your Easter projects. I hope you have a blessed day.Thanks for stopping by my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, MariLynn! What an amazing technique to give the cross texture. Love the symbolism of the cheesecloth as well. So pretty. Such a tender time of year for the heart of a believer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - what an incredible card MariLynn - love the texture on the cross, and the cheesecloth background is amazing.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work as always MariLynn - thank you for inviting me to the challenge - I uploaded the card you commented on - did not know about this challenge - thanks again - have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete